Saturday, July 28, 2007

Week 3, Thing 7

As a librarian, I have to say I do miss the days when I actually used books to locate answers to most of the reference questions I had. Using the computer as opposed to a book is like listening to a CD versus a record album--just too clean and sterile. I miss the smell of the pages, the sound of the spine cracking and the weight of the book in my hand.

However, as a consumer of information--I LOVE the Internet. All that information right at my fingertips--amazing. Here is a just a sampling of questions that have come up in my daily life recently for which I used the Internet to find answers:

1) I'm having people over for brunch--one keeps kosher--can I find an egg casserole recipe that doesn't contain bacon?

2) Isn't that guy on "Murder, She Wrote" the same guy I just saw in "The Boys in the Band"?

3) Is Roy Scheider still alive?

4) Who can I find to replace the wooden door on my screened in porch?

5) My new puppy has coccidia--what is that?

No comments: